PVR not finding "web" programmes

Graham Cobb g+get_iplayer at cobb.uk.net
Sat Jul 18 04:50:37 PDT 2015

I have just realised that since the major changes to the way the
programme cache has to be found, my PVR settings are no longer finding
web-only programmes.

As an example, I have a PVR search for "T in the Park".  Last year, that
downloaded all the T material, both the broadcast programmes and the
artist-specific web-only portions.  This year it only found the 9
broadcast programmes.

This isn't a PVR problem -- I see the same programmes if I search from
the command line for "T in the Park".

I can see the web-only programmes on the iplayer web site.  And I can
download them using --pid. For example, downloading pid p02w1q9f finds
and downloads T_in_the_Park_2015_-_Admiral_Fallow_p02w1q9f_default.  It
does produce the following messages:

INFO: Episode-only pid detected
INFO: Trying pid: p02w1q9f using type: tv
INFO: Trying to stream pid using type tv
INFO: pid not found in tv cache
Matches:

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO:
flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2,flashlow1,flashlow2
modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashvhigh1 mode to record tv: T in the Park: 2015 -
Admiral Fallow
INFO: File name prefix =
T_in_the_Park_2015_-_Admiral_Fallow_p02w1q9f_default

My question is, is there some option I can specify to get_iplayer to
search in the web-only programmes?  Or is this information no longer
available to get_iplayer?

If necessary, I will create myself a hack to screen-scrape all the PIDs
I need from the web page.  Does anyone have any suggestion on a better
way to find the PIDs?

Graham