Paywall for iPlayer?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jul 7 07:35:41 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 12:31:39PM +0100, Graham Temple (gmail) wrote:

> Yes but what about people who never ever watch TV at all.  There are some,
> believe it or not - my parents for instance.  They have computers and
> internet, but why should they pay a charge for something they will never
> use, just because they have some equipment (whose primary purpose is not for
> accessing TV!) which theoretically could access on demand content.  How will
> you differentiate between those who don't and those who say they don't?  It
> is like saying you own a car and live in London so will probably use the
> Dartford crossing and enter the congestion zone, so we are going to add £50
> a year to your road fund licence and do away with the congestion charges and
> tolls.

Next thing you know my taxes will be used to support unemployed people
in Wigan, despite me not being unemployed, never having been to Wigan,
and certainly never intending to be unemployed in Wigan.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

There is no one true indentation style,
But if there were K&R would be Its Prophets.
Peace be upon Their Holy Beards.