Paywall for iPlayer?

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 10:05:20 PDT 2015

In article <003901d0b80b$66a67380$33f35a80$@eycott.co.uk>, George Eycott
<george at eycott.co.uk> wrote:
> >  equally I would be against any move to make any of the BBC channels to
> carry commercials.

> I agree, we visited Canada recently and I am amazed anyone watches TV
> live there. Basically the channels primarily carry adverts with odd bits
> of programmes shown occasionally. It made trying to watch anything
> completely unbearable. Would hate that to happen over here.

FWIW On my first trip to the USA I found that the film 'Superman' was on TV
and was initially impressed/amazed that it was listed as being almost 4
hours long.

When I watched some I realised why... More adverts than film. Quite
unwatchable for someone used to UK TV.

The lack of real news was also amazing.

And as they say, "Its call Fox News because that's what it does" :-)

Jim