Linux Mint woes

michael norman michaeltnorman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 06:55:14 PDT 2015

Who knows ? Because you want Linux to be like Windows ? What is your
struggle, with what distro exactly. I use openSUSE but i have run GIP on
that and LinuxMint with no problems. Updating GIP on either simply
works.  Last time I looked the instructions (squarepenguin or github)
are easy enough to follow.  I know I've done it enough times.

Last time I did it on LinuxMint you find the up to date package and
follow the instructions, but unless you tell us where you found the
package and what steps  you did to install it neither I nor anybody else
can help you. If you find a useable package, install it with the Linux
Mint package manager it will work.  Assuming your LM installation
(whatever partition its on) works and you know how to use it.