Post-processing

Dave Liquorice allsorts at howhill.com
Wed Jan 7 17:35:18 PST 2015

On Wed, 7 Jan 2015 22:40:30 +0000, Jon Davies wrote:

> You could always consider using the raspberry pi to run get-iplayer -

That is were I run Gip.

> another message mentioned creating an xbmc metadata file - get-iplayer
> can already do this:
> --metadata xbmc

Ooo, does it do that for everything it downloads? Series are not a problem
as xbmc fills in the metadat from thetvdb.com. One offs I'm creating basic
.nfo files manually which is a bit of PITA and they are basic...

> get-iplayer can also create folder structures to put things in the
> right place

Between series and one offs?

> (though I concede that might not work for you, because as you note it
> doesn't seem to like downloading to network drives)

RTMP can sometimes fall over but I think that is more down to the stream
getting interupted/corupted than anything else. I keep the Pi and it's NAS
powered up. My NAS plays up at times, requires a reboot to get it working
again. The mount on the Pi fails and so does the NAS web interface but it'll
still respond to a ping so it's half alive. When it is up and running it's
fine with Gip running on a Pi with Raspxbmc OS.

When RTMP falls over it can leave the partial file behind and not be able to
resume. I've also had Gip fall over at other stages leaving broken files and
worse an entry in the download_history so it silently doesn't try again.
This is why I don't run the PVR via cron...

--
Cheers
Dave.