Post-processing

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Wed Jan 7 14:40:30 PST 2015

On 6 January 2015 at 14:53, Al Feersum <al.feersum at gmail.com> wrote:

> Apologies if this has been asked before, but is there a method for adding a
> post-processing command to the download sequence?

Yes, it's the --command option

> Running on 'doze 8.1 x64 with no issues (even AtomicParsley works great).
>
> I currently use the WebPVR for scheduling and this works fine, and manually
> copy the dumps to a Win2k12R2 Essentials server.  I've now got a RaspBMC
> device which I use to access the library
You could always consider using the raspberry pi to run get-iplayer -
I find it easier to write bash scripts than windows powershell or
command scripts...  but that might be a matter of taste.
(https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/raspbian ought to
work with raspbmc, but I haven't tried.)

> So what I want to do is to get GiP to generate a 'doze event log entry after
> the download process (incl. conversion, tagging and metadata file gen) has
> completed, so I can trigger a task scheduler process to post-process the
> data and move it to the right location.
another message mentioned creating an xbmc metadata file - get-iplayer
can already do this:
--metadata xbmc
works well enough with xbmc for me.
get-iplayer can also create folder structures to put things in the
right place (though I concede that might not work for you, because as
you note it doesn't seem to like downloading to network drives)

a few options that work for tv programmes with xbmc for me include:
--subdirformat <nameshort>/Series_<seriesnum>
--subdir
--metadata xbmc

Regards
Jon