BBC Dropping MP3 and garbled downloads ....

CJB chrisjbrady at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 07:25:41 PST 2015

I am alarmed to learn that after dropping MP3 or for whatever reason
some downloads from the Beeb are garbled due to defective encoding at
the Beeb's end of things. Is this a serious problem and are their
patterns of occurrences?

On another tack is there any way of capturing the output file to the
PVM Command Window when using the web-based PVM? When things go wrong
such as an interrupted download and consequent imperfect restart, I'd
like to be able to view a log file and do a manual download of any
that failed.

Thanks for all your efforts to keep GiP working.

Chris B.