Unable to download a pid

alastair ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 15:17:02 PST 2015

On 10/02/15 08:01, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
> On Mon Feb 9 17:55:07 GMT 2015, Arthur Murray wrote:
>
>> Trying to get this in HD:
>> b04xw2x8
>> (snip)
>> It fails to get (404)
>> (snip)
>> How do I get gip to use it?
>
> Your issue has the same root cause as the one
> discussed in recent thread
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2015-January/007105.html
>
> I'll assume you are running tag version 2.91
> (you fail to indicate which...).
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04xw2x8.rdf
>
> produces no less than 5 "<po:version" entries, with
> multiple vPIDs= b04xw2x6, b04zq2w0, p02gjlp6, b051c4lc, b0520nmw.
> Your copy of GiP tries the second one, which fails;
> URL sniffing has told you that the last one is the correct one.
> Use the --playlist-metadata switch so that GiP uses
> the older (but more reliable?) method of accessing
> XML/JSON playlists to find the vPID:

It seems I may have a couple of files which failed to download during an
overnight pvr cron job.  Would it be acceptable to include
--playlist-metadata switch in prefs so that the pvr download will
proceed or would this frustrate the downloads which otherwise would work?

BTW what is a "verpid" please?

Finally I used the git head version of GiP for a while but now I am
using tag version 2.91.  Is there a patched version available which
obviates the need for the playlist-metadata switch?

Budge