Help needed with BBC Collections Archive programmes

M Clark mclark at gmx.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 13:10:33 PST 2015

> Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 12:54 AM
> From: "Vangelis forthnet" <northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr>
> To: get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
> Subject: Re: Help needed with BBC Collections Archive programmes
>
> On Sat Feb 7 15:20:59 GMT 2015, M Clark wrote:
>
> > Finally, is this the correct place to report 'problems'?
> > There are two more I'd like to bring to attention before they trap others.
> > I have work-arounds so in no way are they critical but would be
> > 'nice-to-haves'.
>
> Hello again...
> If you ask me, the best place to report problems
> would be the GitHub issue tracker @
>
> https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/issues
>
> dinkypumpkin would definitely see it there;
> you'd have to register an account first...
>
> Then there's the Support Forum owned by
> Square Penguin (registration needed):
>
> https://squarepenguin.co.uk/all-forums/
>
> which is aimed more at the average GiP user;
> dinkypumpkin is "Keymaster" there...
>
> The mailing list..., well you know that already!
> Dinkypumpkin DOES read it (as your latest
> issue proved), but recently he stays shy from
> posting here directly (in fact, his latest post
> was on Dec 29th 2014...)
>
> I am sorry I can't help you further with your issue;
> I am using custom filenames via the --file-prefix
> option, i.e. I do not rely on the auto-generated
> filenames for downloads.
> Have you explored using it too with the
> substitution parametres of your liking?
>
> http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer/documentation#Substitution%20Parameters
> https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/documentation#substitution-parameters
>
> Kind regards,
> Vangelis.

Thanks Vangelis for the documentation pointers.  For some reason I thought the Options file only related to CLI.  Will have a play.

I feared your response suggestions :-) .  Post 3 times?  Hmmm.

I did have a problem with broken links on https://squarepenguin.co.uk/ when trying to find out how to use g-ip on Linux.  Found info eventually but still using Windows...

Regards.