Help needed with BBC Collections Archive programmes

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Mon Feb 9 16:54:10 PST 2015

On Sat Feb 7 15:20:59 GMT 2015, M Clark wrote:

> Finally, is this the correct place to report 'problems'?
> There are two more I'd like to bring to attention before they trap others.
> I have work-arounds so in no way are they critical but would be
> 'nice-to-haves'.

Hello again...
If you ask me, the best place to report problems
would be the GitHub issue tracker @

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/issues

dinkypumpkin would definitely see it there;
you'd have to register an account first...

Then there's the Support Forum owned by
Square Penguin (registration needed):

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/all-forums/

which is aimed more at the average GiP user;
dinkypumpkin is "Keymaster" there...

The mailing list..., well you know that already!
Dinkypumpkin DOES read it (as your latest
issue proved), but recently he stays shy from
posting here directly (in fact, his latest post
was on Dec 29th 2014...)

I am sorry I can't help you further with your issue;
I am using custom filenames via the --file-prefix
option, i.e. I do not rely on the auto-generated
filenames for downloads.
Have you explored using it too with the
substitution parametres of your liking?

http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer/documentation#Substitution%20Parameters