OT: Help with Broken Downloads Please

Clive roadcone at gmx.com
Tue Dec 22 11:11:22 PST 2015

On 22/12/15 18:53, batguano999 wrote:

>> This tells me to use aac_adtstoasc to fix it but as usual cannot quite
>> get the command. What is the -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc command...
>>
> That's OK (bsf=bit stream filter).
> Add "-bsf:a aac_adtstoasc" to your command and try again like this...
>
> ffmpeg -i foo.mp3 -c copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc foo.m4a

Batguano,

My "new" portable player will not play aac files (my old one did so this
is frustrating). I tried converting aac to m4a using ffmpeg and failed
with the same suggestion to use aac_adtstoasc. I've just tried your
command line and it works - thank you.

I have a supplementary ... is there a Linux command that would apply
that line to all aac files in a folder, taking the existing name.aac and
using it to output name.mp4? Something like a Windows wild card which
would ren *.aac to *.m4a? All the file names are as gip/BBC delivered
them so they are complex, with underscore characters and date/time stamps.

Then, if it could recursively do that to each folder beneath the upper
level - well, that really would be the icing on the cake.

Thank you.

Clive