libxml2-2_.dll missing?

Philip Colmer philip at colmer.me.uk
Fri Apr 10 05:40:32 PDT 2015

I'm getting errors from Perl about various libxml DLLs missing. I've tried
uninstalling the entire get_iplayer package and reinstalling it from the
latest exe but it hasn't fixed it.

The full error from get_iplayer is:

Can't load 'C:/Program Files
(x86)/get_iplayer/lib/auto/XML/LibXML/LibXML.dll' for module XML::LibXML:
load_file:The specified module could not be found at DynaLoader.pm line 190.
 at XML/LibXML.pm line 156.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at XML/LibXML.pm line 156.
Compilation failed in require at XML/LibXML/SAX.pm line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at XML/LibXML/SAX.pm line 19.

However, that directory does contain LibXML.dll. Also, libxml2-2_.xml exists
in C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this, please? I couldn't find any
references in the mailing list archives.

Thanks.

Philip