Solutions to loss of RSS feed

Stuart Henderson stu at spacehopper.org
Fri Oct 31 16:12:50 PDT 2014

On 2014/10/31 21:21, Rob Dixon wrote:
> - Write a new application that uses the Nitro API, ostensibly to provide
> a different and more flexible way of viewing the BBC schedule, but
> capable of exporting the information for use in get_iplayer. This could
> even reconstruct the old XML RSS feeds, but I don't see a reason to add
> such an awkward intermediate format.
>
> This last option seems to me to be the most likely to succeed. I have
> applied for a licence for my own use and I shall be experimenting with
> what is possible. After some experimentation I will be glad to add an
> export along the lines I have described, to be specified by those
> responsible for get_iplayer.

Whether or not this could export something that would be useful to
get_iplayer, it would be useful in itself. I've certainly used get_iplayer
a few times to look for programmes of interest because the search facilities
are....slightly better than the BBC's website ;)... and then gone to watch
them using a BBC-Approved Method.