XML schedule files - thanks and some help please?

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Fri Oct 31 05:44:18 PDT 2014

Hi there

Someone on here mentioned XML files and posted a link to the file for
the BBC Two schedule, I can't find the post right now but wanted to say
a big thank you. I amended the links for BBC's One to Four and BBC News
and at least they provide me with a summary schedule for each channel.

I have loaded the XML files in Firefox, then saved them onto my hard
drive before finally opening them in Excel, sorting and saving the
schedule. At least I'll be able to find the PIDs easily without having
to investigate from each BBC iPlayer page!

I guess I'll only do this for a few select radio programmes, previously
I downloaded a lot and it's too many to go down the PID route for them
all! :-(

Perhaps someone with experience of these XML files could advise how
often are they updated and when?

Thanks