A message from Auntie

Steven Maude get_iplayer at stevenmaude.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 04:31:50 PDT 2014

On 31/10/2014 08:57, Chris Marriott wrote:

> Sorry if I'm missing something here, but what's the problem with
> downloading by PID? It's always worked perfectly well for me, and this
> change hasn't affected it at all.
>
> Chris

It does work, but the PVR option was a great feature, particularly when
recording several programmes and series.

Setting a search up on the PVR and scheduling it to run meant you didn't
have the chore of remembering to download episodes manually before they
disappear.

Plus it removes the need to even be around a computer at all – let's say
you go on holiday for a couple of weeks – just leave the job running and
all the new episodes will be there when you're back.