A message from Auntie

Trevor Campbell Davis tcd at eur.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 02:08:26 PDT 2014

First of all, a big thank you to those of you responsible for a few
wonderful years of Get_iPlayer use.  It’s been one of the most useful daily
tools on my system.

I use it for both radio and TV downloads, mainly from R3 and BBC4.
Originally using the command prompt for single downloads, I switched to the
PVR a few years ago, when individual downloads became too time consuming.
By and large, with periodic updates, it has worked perfectly.

Although not unexpected, this week’s removal of the RSS feeds has been a
huge disappointment.  And the tone of some BBC technical blog comments
suggests an unattractive  smugness at being able to remove access to
‘unsanctioned’ client platforms.

Now a request for help, from those of you with greater experience and coding
skills.

It’s a pain, but I can easily manually source the PIDs of the programmes
that I want on a daily basis.  What I don’t want (or have time) to do is to
manually enter single command line instructions for each programme when the
previous one has finished downloading.  So a script (resembling a queue)
where I can enter multiple PIDs for automatic sequential download would be
really helpful.

Has anyone got one, or could help, I wonder?

Thanks, folks.

Trevor CD