We should be grateful ( was Re: A message from Auntie )

Owen Smith owen.smith at cantab.net
Fri Oct 31 03:53:00 PDT 2014

But BBC iPlayer Download insists I play the download on my PC. That's useless to me, my laptop has a small screen and isn't connected to my surround sound system. With get_iplayer I was copying the downloaded file to my Freeview PVR and playing it on my TV from there which worked well. There is no equivalent from the BBC. I can't stream iPlayer live, my broadband is too slow.

The BBC have effectively driven me to look elsewhere to even more dubious methods of accessing their content by preventing get_iplayer working.

--
Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
Cambridge, UK