[ANN] get_iplayer search and PVR functions no longer work - no fix available

Steven Maude get_iplayer at stevenmaude.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 14:15:08 PDT 2014

 > That's one model. It depends on caching policies, geographic
 > restrictions and other terms as yet unknown.  Even if all that were
 > worked out, it means get_iplayer would require a central resource
 > that somebody would have to pay for and maintain.  Personally, I
 > don't want go down that road except as a last resort.  We're not
 > there yet.

You've still got the problem of getting a developer key too.

Hopefully a suitable alternative data feed turns up. (What do the BBC's
mobile and console apps use, for instance...?)

Otherwise, another possibility is scraping the web frontend of iPlayer,
rather than relying on using any API at all. The downside is that it
would take a while for a client to iterate through the entire programme
listings. Which brings it back to the non-ideal solution of having a
central server that collects the data regularly and builds a feed.