[ANN] get_iplayer search and PVR functions no longer work - no fix available

Paul Oldham paul at the-hug.org
Wed Oct 29 11:38:57 PDT 2014

On 29/10/14 13:34, Owen Smith wrote:

> Well this sucks. Does anyone know if it will affect the Squeezebox
> iPlayer radio plugin as well? I'm assuming it does at the moment.

As you now know, as you asked on the slimdevices forum, the answer is
that the Squeezebox iPlayer radio plugin is unaffected at the moment
because, as bpa posted there:

> [Doesn't affect] the BBC iPlayer plugin as it uses an offical XML feed.
>
> It completely breaks most of menus on my BBC iPlayerExtra plugin i.e
> all but the schedule feeds. I knew the feeds were on borrowed time
> and BBC has pulled the plug and advise to use Nitro API. Not sure if
> Nitro will do what I want but I can't do anything for a few weeks.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?53229-Announce-BBCiPlayer-Plugin-(UK-only)&p=794748&viewfull=1#post794748

So some good news ...
--
Paul