Help with --command syntax

Timothy tmthywynn8 at aol.com
Wed Oct 22 10:01:42 PDT 2014

Vangelis forthnet <northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr> wrote:
> I have searched the net and found that in
> order to run the batch file via command line,
> I should use something like this:
>
> cmd /k "cd /d "F:\Downloads\FLVtoMP4remux" & "remux.bat" ^&& exit"

You should just run:
"F:\Downloads\FLVtoMP4remuxremux.bat"
1) Console automatically changes to the current directory to the batch file's
location.
2) If you're going to exit right after, there's no need to tell Windows to open
the console because the batch file does that by default.

> I want to put that inside the --command (or -c)
> option for GiP, so that when the download is completed,
> the batch file is run (and the video file is processed).

I haven't read up on the --command argument (except in --longhelp), but:
get_iplayer <normal parameters> -c "F:\Downloads\FLVtoMP4remuxremux.bat"
should work fine. <normal parameters> is the stuff you normally put (I.E. --pid
whatever).

Hope it helps,
Timothy