Download showing "negative cts, previous timestamps might be wrong"

Nick Payne nick.payne at internode.on.net
Tue Oct 7 19:44:11 PDT 2014

I just downloaded the most recent episode of New Tricks in HD (series 11
episode 8), and when I had a look at the cmd window after the download
finished, it was full of the three messages like those copied below,
repeated over and over with a different frame number for each set of
three messages, though the download eventually seemed to complete
successfully. Although the episode is the same time length as previous
episodes, the downloaded file is about 50% larger (about 1.5Gb vs 1Gb
for older episodes). I opened the downloaded MP4 into WMP and checked
that it was playable at several random points, including the titles at
the end, and the download seems to play ok. I'm running the most recent
version of get_iplayer on Windows. Any suggestions on what has happened
here?

[flv @ 02602c60] negative cts, previous timestamps might be wrong
     Last message repeated 612 times
frame=12336 fps=1644 q=-1.0 size=  214945kB time=00:08:13.44
bitrate=3568.5kbits

Nick Payne