Slow radio downloads - a bit off topic

George Eycott george at eycott.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 02:02:04 PST 2014

> Wander off to google and find the website of your county council/BT/BDUK
> setup. You may find that FTTC will be arriving in the not too distant
> future. Our exchange serves 1150 odd residential and 99 business's
> (according to SamKnows), FTTC is being installed under the BDUK funding
> and
> I've so far spotted five shiny new VDSL cabinets (two in the town, top and
> bottom), one in each outlying village (both have naff all ADSL) and one
half
> way between the town and the more distant village.

Believe me, I am monitoring everything to do with BB in the area (and the
local campaigning groups). The local council has just got some BDUK funding,
but it is being spent in the estates bordering the town and not us rural
lot.....

I have no doubt it will happen eventually, but I reckon my best bet is 4g
from the mast at the end of the road when it is upgraded for the foreseeable
future.