mpeg-dash and get_iplayer?

Jim Lesurf web at audiomisc.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 01:35:50 PST 2014

In article <mpro.nexwz400fzld6022w at wingsandbeaks.org.uk.invalid>, Jeremy
Nicoll - ml get_iplayer <jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:
> Jim Lesurf <web at audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:

> > Yes I know I can install it at the click of a button. But I'm wary of
> > anything from Google given their dubious behaviour, etc. Would prefer
> > an alternative.

> I use Chrome rarely, but it's always worth a shot if FF won't work on a
> particular site.  For example I've found both IE & FF fail to work (when
> one comes to login) on the STV Player site, but Chrome works...

OK. I treat my laptop as 'expendable' anyway when it comes to experiments.
8-]  I'll check on how long the test mpeg-dash example will remain. And if
there is long enough for me to be able set up recording the results I'll
install Chrome there and see what happens.

Or Chromium / Opera as Clive suggests. Can anyone summarise the
differences? If not I'll do a search on the web. But it would be
interesting to hear comments from anyone wary about Google's tendency to
snoop and track.

Jim