mpeg-dash and get_iplayer?

roadcone roadcone at gmx.com
Wed Nov 12 11:11:43 PST 2014

On 12/11/14 18:24, Jim Lesurf wrote:
> In article
> <CAJdt=oF6Zq2fCE4Acs4vpn-0NZGsYNKw1L5M_RVuRbCYpAGn_w at mail.gmail.com>,
>     Geoff Smith <gasssmith at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nothing to stop your having Chrome and Firefox installed.
>
> Yes I know I can install it at the click of a button. But I'm wary of
> anything from Google given their dubious behaviour, etc. Would
> prefer an alternative.
>
> Jim

Why not try either Chromium or Opera. Both are built on the Chrome
engine but have been separately developed to take out a lot of Chrome
code and make the experience less Google. I believe Chromium takes out
some arguably intrusive Google code. My experience of both, but more so
Opera, is good.

Clive