OT - List mailing (was iplayer audio to lpcm)

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Wed Nov 12 10:58:59 PST 2014

Budgie <ajebay at errichel.co.uk> wrote:

>On 10/11/14 17:36, Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer wrote:

> "The mails in this thread that people have thoughtfully CCed to me
> personally have arrived, but the mail-list ones have not."
>
> I have sent this using "Reply List" and not CCd it to you, so will you
> receive it I wonder?

Yes, I did and would expect to...

Thinking more about this, if you send a mail to the mail list and CC that to
me, the mail list copy should go to the mail list server and get its extra
headers etc added to it before that is then sent to my email address at
AAISP.  The CCed copy goes directly from you to my email address at AAISP
(and perhaps/probably gets there first).

Although the meaningful content should be the same in both, many of the
headers and, for example, appended sig text about mail list Ts&Cs is clearly
going to be different in the two copies.

So that suggests that AAISP's definition of "they're the same mail" isn't a
very good one; maybe they just look at the message-id.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.