OT - List mailing (was Re: iplayer audio to lpcm)

Budgie ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 02:26:54 PST 2014

On 10/11/14 17:36, Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer wrote:
> David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2014-11-08 at 23:54 +0000, Square Penguin wrote:
>
>>> Quick question - how do you deal with CC's in your inbox and duplicate
>>> messages in mailing list folders (assuming you filter to folders)?
>>> Simply ignore the duplicates or do you have a filtering/deletion scheme
>>> in place?
>>
>> I get a copy in the list folder, and a copy in my inbox.
>
> Lucky you.  (I mean it.)  I found recently that this doesn't happen for me;
> it's not a (local) mail client problem but instead my mail provider (AAISP)
> whose system detects two copies of the same mail being delivered to the same
> mailbox on their server, and stores only one copy.  My POP3 collection then
> only collects that single copy.

In blissful ignorance as usual here.  I too use AAISP but hadn't given
the absence of the second copy any thought.  System suits me as it is
although I went over to IMAP when my OS/2 system died.  I am concerned
by your last sentence:-

"The mails in this thread that people have thoughtfully CCed to me
personally have arrived, but the mail-list ones have not."

I have sent this using "Reply List" and not CCd it to you, so will you
receive it I wonder?

Regards,