iplayer audio to lpcm

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Mon Nov 10 09:36:26 PST 2014

David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:

>On Sat, 2014-11-08 at 23:54 +0000, Square Penguin wrote:

>> Quick question - how do you deal with CC's in your inbox and duplicate
>> messages in mailing list folders (assuming you filter to folders)?
>> Simply ignore the duplicates or do you have a filtering/deletion scheme
>> in place?
>
> I get a copy in the list folder, and a copy in my inbox.

Lucky you.  (I mean it.)  I found recently that this doesn't happen for me;
it's not a (local) mail client problem but instead my mail provider (AAISP)
whose system detects two copies of the same mail being delivered to the same
mailbox on their server, and stores only one copy.  My POP3 collection then
only collects that single copy.

To get both I'd need to define filter rules on their server to route
personal mails to one server mailbox and list mails to another mailbox, then
fetch from both.

And even then, if eg someone CCed something to two different personal
addresses of mine, those would be routed to the same server mailbox, and I'd
only get one copy.  I'm not wildly happy about that...

If I had just one or two email addresses I might be willing to have a
mailbox for each one... but I don't.  I've hundreds of addresses, and I do
not want the hassle of having to define matching mailboxes for each of them.

The mails in this thread that people have thoughtfully CCed to me personally
have arrived, but the mail-list ones have not.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.