iplayer audio to lpcm

SquarePenguin getiplayer at squarepenguin.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 07:41:51 PST 2014

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:23:08 +0000
David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> As noted in my reply-to-list.html page, Evolution does the opposite.
> Its "Group Reply" is reply-to-all by default, and it'll even *warn*
> you if you hit the private 'reply' button and it looks like it's
> going to be hijacked by a bogus Reply-To: header.

This was useful info, thanks. I use Claws and Thunderbird and have been
able to dig into things and configure some more sane defaults to get
this behaviour now I know what's possible.

> > I suppose some people don't consider those underlying 'problems'
> > valid and so disagree with the setup here, but taking them as valid
> > then there's no faulting the logic of the way things are setup here.
>
> The problems are all valid. All of the Fred, John, Mary, Claire and
> Karl examples represent classes of people who *do* indisputably
> exist, in significant numbers.

I agree. I took the time to read through the arguements properly and
I've fully come down on the side of how you do things. To me it's the
sane option in a sea of 'what-ifs'. I can feel the warm embrace of
stubbornness starting to flow through me on this matter :-)

Thankfully, having now learnt what the email clients are actually doing
I've now got it set so I can operate in pretty whatever environment a
list maintainer offers up so some personal good has come from all this.

> Both copies are useful, so I certainly don't have anything in place to
> eliminate either of them. Of course, if someone had different usage
> habits they *could* do such a thing. For someone who receives
> "duplicates" and doesn't want them, it's fairly trivial to arrange
> some kind of filtering. But if you don't receive the message at
> *all*, which happens in some cases when people reply only to the
> list, it's *impossible* to cope. There is absolutely nothing that you
> can do.

As I'm on just one list on this account, I haven't needed to scale any
particular scheme but knowing this (and the other unquoted) info has
been very helpful for other accounts. With your info for this
account I've managed to set things so that I need only remove a single
line from one filter and I can implement your scheme should I need it.
For now I just get a de-duplicated message go to the Mailing List
folder.

Many thanks.