Having problems downloading Tommies (again)

James Scholes james at jls-radio.com
Sun Nov 9 15:34:07 PST 2014

Hi all,

Not sure what it is about this particular series which is causing so
many issues for get_iplayer, but as I've seen from the mailing list
archives (and my own experience), I'm not the only person who's had
problems downloading Tommies.

I'm trying to grab the "4 November 1914" episode from:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03thc5k

The command I'm using:

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=b03thc5k

get_iplayer v2.90, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
INFO Trying to stream pid using type radio
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
13161:  Tommies - 4 November 1914, BBC Radio 4,

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes

WARNING: No programmes are available for this pid with version(s): default

I'm running on Windows if that makes a difference, but with the latest
code pulled from GitHub rather from the installer.  I believe the
program is available from the BBC website as a podcast, but for archival
purposes, I'd like a copy from the iPlayer if there's anything I can
try.  It was broadcast on Tuesday, so I would've thought the
availability metadata would've been correct by now.  The program does
play on the BBC website.

Many thanks.
--
James Scholes