iplayer audio to lpcm

Jim Lesurf jcgl at audiomisc.co.uk
Sun Nov 9 02:32:06 PST 2014

In article <545ECC0F.5040601 at jifvik.org>, Jonathan Larmour
<jifl at jifvik.org> wrote:
> On 08/11/14 23:05, Peter S Kirk wrote:
> > Yes, David runs the list. However, he should respect the preferences
> > of list members who as you say "almost no-one else on the list agrees
> > with him in principle".

> I very much agree in principle, and in practice.

> David's reasoning is sound, and also reflects the way mailing lists have
> run for many years. People here are saying they don't know other lists
> that run like this - whereas I am the opposite, and virtually all the
> lists I am on behave correctly, just like this list.

Whereas other like myself can't recall using such a list in the decades
I've used email.

However I accept the one true argument. If its his list, the rules are his
to make. The rest of us have to either put up with it (with workaround if
we can) or go elsewhere. :-)

Personally I don't yet know if I'll keep on the list as I'm too new to
get_iplayer, etc. Time will tell.

BTW Having opted for 'reply to list' I got peter's address as well as the
list's in 'To'. The behaviour of the emails I get seems very inconsistent.
PITA from my POV.

I'll leave it there.

Jim