Your message to get_iplayer awaits moderator approval

C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Sat Nov 8 13:08:50 PST 2014

As requested in the original thread, I've created three patch files.

1)	This patches get_iplayer v2.90 to use nice with the parameter -n 19,
which by effectively making it run in the background compared with processes
such as serving files, makes it more suitable for embedded devices acting as
file servers, Depending on how the server's OS itself is configures,
hopefully will at least prevent stuttering in most cases, though serving HD
video may still struggle:
	www.macfh.co.uk/Temp/get_iplayer-nice-2-90.patch

The part of the program finding external programs has had to be rewritten to
use nice, so it will now be important to ensure that the location of
external programs are held in .get_iplayer/options, and in addition either
the patch (line 9) or the patched file (line 851) will have to be edited to
provide the actual location of the nice binary itself on the target system.
A desirable improvement would be to add the location of the nice command and
the -n running level as command-line and preferences file options, as per
other external binaries such as ffmpeg, but I have to leave that for those
who understand the command-line and preferences coding better than I do.

2)	This patches get_iplayer v2.90 to use ffmpeg rather than mplayer to
convert *.flv to *.mp3:
	www.macfh.co.uk/Temp/get_iplayer-mp3-2-90.patch

3)	This patches ffmpeg v2.4.2 (possibly other versions) to avoid said
conversion above producing myriads of redundant warning messages:
	www.macfh.co.uk/Temp/ffmpeg-2-4-2-mux.patch

Hope these work correctly, I've not done this before.

www.macfh.co.uk/CEMH.html