iplayer audio to lpcm

Owen Smith owen.smith at cantab.net
Sat Nov 8 06:36:19 PST 2014

The person that runs this mailing list has VERY firm views about how they should work. This is at odds with every other mailing I have ever been on, which must be around 50 by now. He feels it should work the same way as a direct email sent to multiple people, in that Reply goes just to the sender and Reply to All goes to everyone (but To the sender and CC the list). Myself and some others disagree, I think this is the wrong way for mailing lists to work and lists should change the sender to be from the list and/or change the Reply-To header.

But this argument has been done to death recently on the list and there is no point having it again. The list is not going to change how it works, this has been made very clear. The person who runs the list runs it his way, regardless of any majority view there might or might not be on the list.

--
Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
Cambridge, UK