ePetition Covering Public Data From The Likes Of The BBC

Budgie ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 02:08:04 PST 2014

On 04/11/14 14:40, C E Macfarlane wrote:
> Now available for signatories.  Please sign if you are a UK resident and
> feel remotely able to support it:
>
> http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/71556
>

> www.macfh.co.uk/CEMH.html

I am new to this concept of ePetition and don't know what else is out
there.  I fully subscribe to the proposal however and note there is some
resonance between this petition and the recent change in schools
curriculum when, in September 2014, England became the first country in
the world to teach computing from the start of school.  (That is proper
computing, not using M$Office)

It also has a connection I feel with the work of Etag (Education
Technology Action Group) and UKForCE (UK Forum for Computing Education).

Finally I understand that there has recently been a decision made for
all official government documents to be in Open Document Format.

I wonder if argument supporting your petition might be strengthened if
it were to make reference to these existing initiatives.

Budgie