ePetition Covering Public Data From The Likes Of The BBC

C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 21:21:22 PST 2014

>     -----Original Message-----
>     From: Shiner [mailto:dodgy-curry at ntlworld.com]
>     Sent: 04 November 2014 21:11
>     To: c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
>     Subject: Re: ePetition Covering Public Data From The Likes Of The BBC
>
>     Top posting corrected...

Why am I somehow not surprised to find that he's one them job's worth's that
would kill meaningful communication by making everyone scroll through the
entire history of mankind's correspondence before they're allowed to read a
single new line added to it, or to add anything to it themselves?

If you're going to be a job's worth, you could at least do it properly, and
trim those parts of the preceding posts that are not directly relevant to
your reply ...

>     > Cynicism is a very easy option, as it totally absolves the
>     cynic from any
>     > sort of public spirited exertion, far less from making any
>     sort of stand,
>     > and some sort of stand is usually necessary to make any
>     gains in this
>     > life.

>     Whilst I freely admit to being somewhat cynical, I remain
>     concerned that you
>     are shoving GiP into the public's _and the BBC's_ awareness
>     in a way that
>     will be counter productive in the long run.

Clearly, you still haven't read the petition ...