Thank You

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Tue Nov 4 02:57:19 PST 2014

On 04/11/2014 10:09, Tom wrote:
> The mistake you and they are making is that it can somehow be
> protected and so is worth a fortune. It cant and so it isn't. As you
> say they could shut down GIP today but that would not stop anything
> they broadcast or make available appearing on 'pirate' sites immediately.
> If I can watch it on TV or in iPlayer I can make a perfect copy of it
> irrelevant of the DRM. The DRM merely inconveniences everyone - it
> does not achieve any form of IP security. They are wasting their time
> - and the licence payers but barely anyone elses.
> This is the message that should be going out.
> OH that an a big thanks again DP!
> Tom
I never said it could be protected, the very opposite! But surely you
can't blame them for trying to protect their assets.

How about this analogy... Any home security expert will tell you there
is no such thing as 100% security but what you do to protect your
property is to make it as difficult as you can (afford) rather than
abandoning it and throwing open your doors and windows.

DRM is part of that cat and mouse game, but, as you say, there is always
someone who finds a way around it!

Alan