BBC Radio Downloads

Simon Morgan s.morgan at skm.org.uk
Sun Nov 2 01:49:30 PST 2014

It's a bit of a pig, isn't it! I have used the web GUI PVR for years now and
have found it wonderful. It fulfilled all my needs.

As no one else better qualified than me i.e. almost anyone, has answered
your problem. There have been many posts in the past few days about this
with lots of scripts and examples but at its most simple try this.

Open the CLI (command line interface - always make sure you have latest
version)

At the prompt >get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=<pid>

Get the pid value to insert by looking up the programme in the iPlayer Radio
web page (it is the value beginning with a "b"). For a single programme it
is as quick as the old PVR. There are suggested scripts for multiple pids
and series so if this is what you want you will have to look through the
posts of the past 3 or 4 days.

I understand that dinkypumpkin is going to upload a patched version today
(Sunday) which should overcome some of the limitations created by the BBC.

One suggestion for TV is below. Modify it for radio and it should work.

Regards
Simon Morgan

PS I thought people went to NZ to get away from Chris Evans !!! (LOL)