get_iplayer repair update #1

peter peterselley2 at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 1 15:22:47 PDT 2014

Can I also say a massive thank you to Dinky and others who have worked
in double quick time to get a fix. I have used get_iplayer for several
years but only joined the mailing list when disaster seemed to strike
late last week. The response has been a fantastic demonstration of open
source community work, and I hope a more permanent solution will be
possible in the coming weeks (or months). Thank you also to Jon for
maintaining the ppa for ubuntu users (like me -- I also use get_iplayer
on the raspberry pi). Reading the posts has made me want to start
learning perl or python, but I am probably too old (>50) and am stuck
at present learning scratch with my younger son (aged 6).