Short Duration Radio Programmes

TQ tony at tqvideo.co.uk
Sat May 31 03:23:29 PDT 2014

> Over the past week I've encountered radio programmes with a reported
> duration (per RTMPDump 2.4 display of metadata) of just a couple of
> minutes which happily download swiftly and generate a correspondingly
> small mp3 file.
>
> In some cases forcing a download a day or two later has produced the
> expected results but the following remain problematic (for me):
> Genius - Ep04;
> 15 Minute Drama - Katie Hims - Ep03; and
> Book of the Week - Doubling Back - Ep04.
>
> Problem at my end (WinXP; 2.86; non-UK) or with programme sources? If
> the former then a clue or two would be appreciated and if the latter
> then how might I best investigate any similar glitches in future?

Exactly the same issue in the UK on a Win 7 (host) AND a Debian (VM)
installation.

I didn't really think much of it given that the shows that were
problematic have subsequently been OK. I suspect that it's the files at
the far end which have been faulty though, and that they have been
subsequently corrected following complaints

--
TQ via webmail