FW: Incompleate downloads creating mp4

Dave Widgery widgery.david at orange.fr
Wed Mar 26 04:17:19 EDT 2014

Hi All Thanks for your replies.

Firstly Madeline, I am not using WiFi I am using a direct cable connection
to the router.

I suspect several reasons for the performance problem, I live in a small
village on the limit of the distance from the exchange, having said that
generally the connection isn't too bad, the second factor is that I am using
a VPN and the problem has appeared to increase dramatically since the UK
freesat (or whatever it is called) moved satellites, removing converge of UK
TV from most of France and Spain, I am also speaking to the VPN provider to
see if they have experienced problems due to increased traffic.

Secondly Chris, thanks for the tip about regularly copying the downloading
file might give that a try, as regards the --force switch is there a way to
reset the history for a particular download so you don’t need to use the
--force switch?

Finally Peter, I have had a look at the --raw switch and I am not sure how
this will help, unless I have misunderstood this will leave all my downloads
in the format xxx-partial.mp4.flv whether they have successfully downloaded
or not, at least at the moment I know that the xxx-partial.mp4.flv haven’t
downloaded correctly and the ones converted to mp4 might have downloaded
correctly.

Is there a way of finding out the predicted download size so I can compare
it with the resultant file?

Thanks
Dave