Run PVM / Refresh cache - not working

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Sat Feb 22 20:12:09 EST 2014

On 22 Feb 2014 at 23:23, Don Grunbaum Don Grunbaum <don at grunbaum.co.uk>
wrote:

> >> There is a Chrome add-in that will open any given web-page in IE.
> >> You could try that, or temporarily change your default browser, or
> >> simply copy the the ip address from Chrome into a IE/Firefox/WHY
> >
> > Not sure that would work as get_iplayer launches the default browser
> > itself with a particular port number http://127.0.0.1:1935/ and then
> > waits for commands from the web page.
> >
> > Regards
> >       John
>
> It does work - I tried it out before I posted.

I edited the PVR laucher so it does not open a web page in browser. I
manually type 127.0.0.1:1935 into a new tab on whichever browser I'm using
and even if the cache of pids is empty all works fine.

See:
http://clip2net.com/clip/m11653/1393117532-clip-38kb.png

When I enter a url and click Record:

INFO: pid not found in livetv cache
INFO: pid not found in tv cache
INFO: File name prefix = Winter_Olympics.....
INFO: Subtitles not available
RTMPDump v2.4
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
(^^^ excess lines removed)

Cheers,

Peter

15GB + 5GB bonus Free cloud storage, no credit card details required:
https://copy.com?r=VnqHxA - 5GB bonus for both for using referal link

Cloud storage space and app provided by https://www.barracuda.com