Winter Olympics live stream recording

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 07:32:26 EST 2014

On 17/02/2014 00:13, Paul Phillips wrote:
> I had a couple of streams die on me today half way through and they
> didn't seem to reattempt. Should I be using --attempts=x  or --resume
> to improve this?
>
> This is a typical command line I'm using at the moment with the head code:
> get_iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/winter-olympics/26037823
> <version> <mode>" --resume

No way to even guess without a --verbose log. Default value of
--attempts should be sufficient.  As mentioned in earlier post, you
should include <dldate> and <dltime> in --fileprefix with --type=livetv
to generate new file for each stream restart regardless of current
recording mode.  That may help get around failed resumes, but no way to
know if that was the problem.