4GB filesize limit

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Fri Feb 14 12:53:47 EST 2014

On Fri Feb 14 16:14:13 GMT 2014, Paul Phillips wrote:

>Can you explain

As per my recent post of Feb 12th, I do not have much spare time nor am I in
the mood
to offer extended help on the list; just shared the FRD thing 'cos it could
be helpful to others...
There are many knowledgeable members in this list apart from dinkypumkin
that may help you with your queries.

>Does this result in any loss of quality or is the bitrate the same?

No loss, same bitrate; it's just that the file has less overhead (less empty
space within the MP4 container)

>where are you getting FLVExtractCL from?

It is found within this zip file (link directly from the dev's site):
http://moitah.net/download/latest/FLV_Extract.zip
c/o J.D. Purcell (aka moitah)

For help, type (command line)
FLVExtractCL > Help.txt

You'd be better off ignoring my remuxing batch file
(aimed perhaps at more techie audio-video users) and
just use the standard remuxing method with FFmpeg that
GiP itself already uses:

FFmpeg -i foo.flv -c copy foo.mp4

V.