4GB filesize limit

Paul Phillips paulphillipsdidsbury at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 11:14:13 EST 2014

I'm trying your method now thanks. The download is working in the
background as I write.

Can you explain the remux a little more though:

1. Re: "the mp4(v2) files MP4Box produces are more compact than the
mp4(v1) FFmpeg yields.}"
 -- Does this result in any loss of quality or is the bitrate the same?

2. Can you explain the remux steps a little more please. eg where are
you getting FLVExtractCL from?

I'm on Windows

> I then proceeded to remux the flv file to an .mp4(v2) one using a
> combination of FLVExtractCL (CLI version of FLVExtract) and
> MP4Box (see attached batch file - extension changed to .txt;
> to use change it back to .bat), and ended up with this:
>
> {I prefer MP4Box remuxing (-brand mp42) to the FFmpeg one,
> because the mp4(v2) files MP4Box produces are more compact
> than the mp4(v1) FFmpeg yields.}
>
> Yes, I KNOW this post may have little to do with get_iplayer,
> but I thought it'd be useful for some to share this nice and simple
> tool for the once-every-2-years case a > 4.0 GiB file needs to be
> recorded in one chunk...
>
> Regards

Paul Phillips