Winter Olympics live stream recording

Paul Phillips paulphillipsdidsbury at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 07:04:46 EST 2014

They seem to have done something different since the 2012 olympics.
There are highlight type programmes on iplayer but they seem to have
done something very different with the live feeds URLs. I can't figure
out how to record them , when I did record some of them in 2012 using
get_iplayer.   It's a pain because the tv live feeds on red button are
much poorer picture quality and there is much less choice since they
cut back on the red button. The highest picture resolution is actually
the internet live feeds than the red button.

Now trying to record the snowboarding from this morning - here without
much success.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/winter-olympics/25826347
- if I open this in a new brower , there is no video, but a second
browser I have open from earlier this morning does have video, and
plays catchup. I don't understand why they are hiding the video after
the event.

--
Paul Phillips