one radio program in a series causes ffmpeg to throw an error - is this unusual?

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Tue Dec 23 10:33:40 PST 2014

On 23 December 2014 at 12:15, Mable Syrup <blackonesugar at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> get_iplayer 2.91-ppa21, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
> RTMPDump v2.4-n78-git3a1e20c-ppa8~lucid
> ffmpeg version git-N-30582-gef28c7b, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers

Ah.  You're running lucid.  Oh.

Yes, you have two versions of ffmpeg installed... ffmpeg is whatever
the lucid version is (if you installed it), and ffmpeg-static is the
version installed from my ppa and used by get-iplayer.  ffmpeg was
updated way back when because the version shipping with lucid didn't
work, and avconv wasn't supported at the time.  I don't know if the
version of avconv in lucid works either.

I haven't used lucid in a while - the desktop edition is way out of
support, and I never thought of get-iplayer being a server
application.  You're going to need to update to something a bit newer
by next April - you might want to consider doing that now.

But anyhow I'll have a look - back in a tic.

Jon