Default options and PVR

Derek Moss dmgi at stoptheviolence.co.uk
Sun Sep 29 07:32:59 EDT 2013

I thought someone told me once that the options stored in
C:\User\x\.get_iplayer\options would apply to the WebPVR as well but
that they could then be overridden by changing them in the WebPVR,
which would store them in a cookie.

I've just migrated my brother to his new PC and Windows 7 and despite
having mode set to good in the options, when loading the WebPVR it was
set to best, so it doesn't seem to be using the options file. I've
changed it in the WebPVR and saved as default now, which does stick
but it would be nice to use the options if possible, so that if the
cookie get's cleared it will still default to the required settings,
so I'd be grateful if someone could help clear up my confusion on this
point.