Changed subtitle format

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 18:05:50 EDT 2013

On 23/09/2013 22:52, Rob Dixon wrote:
> Once thing this thread has brought to my attention is that the srt files
> that get_iplayer produces have each subtitle compacted into a single
> line. That doesn't seem like a good idea to me, and I wonder if that's
> something we should take the opportunity to change while we're here.

If any subtitle users have a view on this one way or the other, chime
in.  get_iplayer doesn't honour explicit line breaks in subtitles, but
it could.  Sometimes they're bogus (at end of line with no following
text), but in general I presume they're included to keep eyes focused in
the centre of screen to make subs easier to read.  If you view
programmes on the iPlayer site, the line breaks are honoured.