How to terminate a downloading task when rtmpdump.exe is still on?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 14:34:29 EDT 2013

On 30/10/2013 13:48, Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer wrote:
> In theory the perl program lets you code --attempts=nn, which has a default
> value of 3, but there's code that overrides this to 50 (sometimes?).  It
> seems to me that if the user wanted eg --attempts=8 then that's the value
> that should be used.

Incomplete documentation is at fault here.  In short, --attempts sets
the number of times rtmpdump should try to resume a particular stream
before giving up.  If you look at the section of code you referenced,
you'll see that --attempts applies per stream. For TV, each recording
mode corresponds to 2 streams (1 for each of 2 CDNs).  The maximum
number of retries for a programme is:

#modes x #streams/mode x #attempts/stream