refresh problems

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Wed Oct 23 18:48:39 EDT 2013

Shevek <shevek at shevek.co.uk> wrote:

>Log file 2: http://pastebin.com/mtynUy1E

This is full of lines like:

DEBUG: Getting feed http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/parliament/list/limit/400
INFO: Getting page http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/parliament/list/limit/400
.INFO: Got 0 programmes

whereas in the working situation it would normally list a non-zero number of
programms.

There's no way from the log to tell whether data was acquired from the bbc
website but GiP couldn't extract meaning from it, or whether no data was
acquired, though I would guess the latter.

If I paste "http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/parliament/list/limit/400" into a
browser address bar, now, I see what looks like a proper RSS feed page
describing a list of programmes.  Do you see that?  And, if the problem
continues, do you see details in a browser when GiP fails to see details?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.