get_iplayer Windows installer updated to 4.8

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Fri Nov 8 01:19:29 EST 2013

On Wed Nov 6 12:56:25 EST 2013, dinkypumpkin wrote:

>If anyone sees IE 11 appear in your system updates,
>I would be grateful if you posted here.
> I'm not a Windows user, so I won't
>immediately notice its arrival.

 IE11 RTM for Win7 was officially released yesterday (07/11/2013):

http://www.intowindows.com/internet-explorer-11-for-windows-7-sp1-released/

http://www.askvg.com/download-internet-explorer-11-ie11-for-windows-7/

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-11-worldwide-languages

 For now, it comes as a standalone installer; unsure when it'll hit Windows
Update
servers; when it does, judging from past experience, it will initially be a
"recommended"
one,  promoted later to an "important" (i.e. "you'd better install") one.
 The above apply if WU is set to:
>Check for updates but let me choose whether
>to download and install them
and with recommended updates also ticked.
 I imagine if the default WU setting was kept:
>Install updates automatically
it will appear in your system (a reboot may be required)
sooner or later...

(and just as a FYI, Win7 SP1 is now a MS OS with support for 4 major
versions of the native browser, i.e. IE 8,9,10,11.
 With Win7 SPx support reaching Jan 2020 and the rapid release cycle of
IE adopted recently by MS, expect this number to rise...)

Apologies for the slightly OT-ish nature of this post :-|

Good day,
Vangelis.